Skip to content

Change font size

The Jolly Roger Travel Park (Grassy Key, Florida)

Places of interest, routes, and destinations of the eastern US states.

The Jolly Roger Travel Park (Grassy Key, Florida)

Unread postby Justardnck on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:45 pm

This was by far on of the nicest 3 days and 2 nights mini vacation I have ever had. Absolutely spectacular bay side water views and sunsets, if you opted to pay for the premium RV site you will find that your $70 per night (in season rate) was well worth the investment. For that price you back your RV to a seawall that puts your back bumper a mere 5' from the waters edge. If you're fortunate enough to camp in the early months of the year you will enjoy breezy conditions that keep you cool enough to open the windows, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. Nothing beats sleeping with all the windows open on a breezy night allowing the sounds of the ocean slapping the seawall all night long lulling you to sleep. For a few bucks more per night you can have your boat docked right there at their private dock. After April the rates drop to about $40 per night for any slip in the place. This is a MUST stay at if you like what you've read.

http://www.JRTP.com

Pros:
True full hook ups (water, elect, sewer)
Cable tv at every site
Lots of shopping and dining very close by
Spectacular sunsets
Serene atmosphere
Lots of shallow water to launch a kayak from
Boat ramp on site

Cons:
$30 cash deposit per pet (why? In case my dog soils my carpet in my TT ? :roll: )
Wireless internet but you have to get very close to the office for it.
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD, extended cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.0L, 4:10 gears
2003 Forest River Flagstaff 25LB
No WD hitch or sway control. Primus brake controller
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Return to Eastern USA